Slow-Cooked Steak and Peppers
- 1-1 1/2 pounds lean beef sirloin, fat trimmed and cut into 2 inch strips
- Garlic powder and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder and pepper to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in garlic onion, green peppers, bay leaf, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on high for three to four hours, or on low for six to eight hours.
Craving beef? Check these lighter/healthy recipes out: